Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studies on Relativistic Heavy Ion Collisions at LHC and FAIR energies.
- Detector related R&D: Fabrication and testing of gas detectors
- Radiation Physics: Studies on environmental radon and uranium concentrations of soil and rock samples.
- National Merit Scholarship at undergraduate level.
- Team Leader of GU Group for LHC-ALICE International Collaboration of CERN, Switzerland (An international collaborative research project undertaken after signing of a MoU between CERN, Switzerland and Gauhati University under the agies of DST, Govt. of India )
- Team Leader of GU Group for FAIR-CBM International Collaboration of GSI, Darmstadt, Germany (An MoU signed between the Govt. of India and the Govt. of Federal Republic of Germany for a long term scientific collaboration for participation of a few Indian Institute on the designed and construction of the future facility for Anti-proton and ion research ( FAIR) to be erected at GSI, Darmstadt, Germany. Gauhati University is one of the collaborating Institutes of India in FAIR-CBM experiments)
- Founder GU Coordinator of M.Sc. Radiological Physics course
- Convener of 5th Conference of Physics Academy of the North East.
- Guest Editor of Indian Journal of Physics, Vol. 82, No. 5 & 6, 2008.
- Served as General Secretary of Physics Academy of the North East (2012- 2016)
Elastic Scattering of Light Mirror Nuclei, Nuclear Science Centre, New- Delhi (1999-2004) (7L)
Studies on the spectator parts of high energy nucleus-nucleus collisions,
DAE-BRNS, Mumbai (2005-2008) (8L)
DST sponsored project entitled Pre-Operative Programme for Indian Participation in the FAIR Project at the GSI, Darmstadt, Germany - Accelerator and Detector – R&D and Prototyping (2009- ) (39 lakh)
DST sponsored ‘ALICE- Operation and Utilization’ project (90L)'
DST sponsored ‘ALICE- Upgrade, Operation and Utilization’ project (2.45 Crores) (Continuation of the above project)
Dr. Saumyajit Sengupta
Dr. (Ms.) Barnali Debnath
Dr. Ranjan Kakoti
Dr. (Ms.) Rupalim Talukdar
Mr. Kalyan Dey
Mr. Nur Hussain
Mr. Pranjal Sarma
Mr. Somen Gope
- Centrality dependence of the Charged-Particle Multiplicity Density at Midrapidity in Pb-Pb Collisions at √ sNN = 5.02 TeV, ALICE Collaboration, J. Adam et. al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 (2016) 222302
- Centrality dependence of the nuclear modification factor of charged pions, kaons, and protons in Pb-Pb collisions at √ sNN = 2.76 TeV, ALICE Collaboration, J. Adam et. al., Phys. Rev. C 93 (2016) 034913
- Centrality evolution of the charged-particle pseudorapidity density over a broad pseudorapidity range in Pb-Pb at √sNN = 2.76 TeV, ALICE Collaboration, J. Adam et. al., Phys. Lett. B 754 (2016) 373–385
- Measurement of pion, kaon and proton production in proton-proton collisions at √ s = 7 TeV, ALICE Collaboration, J. Adam et. al., Eur. Phys. J. C 75 (2015) 226
- Design and performance simulation of a segmented-absorber based muon detection system for high energy heavy ion collision experiments, S. Ahmad, P.P. Bhaduri, H. Jahan, A. Senger, R. Adak, S. Samanta, A. Prakash, K .Dey, A. Lebedev, E. Kryshen, S. Chattopadhyay, P. Senger, B. Bhattacharjee, S. K. Ghosh,S. Raha, M. Irfan, N. Ahmad, M. Farooq, B. Sing, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 775 (2015) 139-147
- Separate Mass Scaling of the Width of the rapidity Distributions for Mesons and Baryons at Energies Available at the Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research, Kalyan Dey and B. Bhattacharjee, Phys Rev. C 89 , 054910, 2014.
- System size effect on critical behaviour in nuclear multi fragmentation, B Bhattacharjee and R Talukdar (2011), Nucl. Phys. A, 864, 167-175
- Estimation of alpha activity in various sources of water in different places of Karbi Anglong district of Assam, R K Kakoti and B Bhattacharjee (2011), Ind J Pure & Appl Phys., 7(1), 1-5
- Effect of system size on traditional signatures of critical behaviour in projectile multi fragmentation, B Bhattacharjee and R Talukdar (2011), J Phys CS, 312, 082014
- Seasonal and spatial variation of radon and thoron concentration in the dwillings of Karbi Anglong district of Assam, India using SSNTDs, R K Kakoti, R Mehata and B Bhattacharjee (2011),Int J Appl Environ Sci, 6(2), 165-171
- Variation of multiplicity of charged particles on the geometry of collision, R Talukdar, B Debnath, S Dengupta and B Bhattacharjee, Ind J Phys., 84(6), 757 – 761 (2010)
- Evidence of phase transition in the break-up of Kr-projectile nuclei at 0.95 A GeV, Nucl. Phys. A829, 2009, 210 - 233
- Variation of mean multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments with the bound charge of the fragmenting system-Deviation from the universal behaviour, IoP, Journal of Physics: CS, Vol. 110, 122003, 2008.
- Effect of collision geometry on the multiplicity of secondary charged particles emitted from 84Kr-AgBr interactions at 950 MeV/A, Indian J. of Phys, Vol. 82 (6), 2008.
- Emission characteristics of intermediate mass fragments on the residual part of the projectile nucleus, Indian J. of Phys, Vol. 82 (5), 2008.
- Erraticity moment of bin multiplicity & rapidity gap of fast TFs from 84Kr-AgBr interaction at 0.95A GeV/c, Indian J. of Phys, Vol 81(7), 1-10, 2007.
- Signature of intermittent behavior in the emission spectra of target associated particles from 84Kr-AgBr interactions at 0.95GeV/A, Nucl. Phys. A, Vol. 748, 641, 2005.
- Investigation of scattering between mirror nuclei 7Be + 7Li, Phys. Rev. C, Vol. 72, p- 044602, 2005.
- Fractal analysis of fluctuation in the emission spectrum of target associated fast particles, Int. J. Mod. Phys. E, Vol. 14, No. 8, 1223-1233, 2005.
- Study of the elastic scattering of mirror nuclei 7Be + 7Li, Nucl. Phys. A, Vol. 746, 467c, 2004.
- On the emission of fast and slow target frag. from 84Kr-AgBr interactions at 0.95 GeV/A, S Sengupta, A Mukhopadhyay, V Singh and B Bhattacharjee, Radiation Measurement (Elsevier Science), Vol. 36, 2003.
- Radon Pollution Studies in the Environs of Brahmaputra Valley of Assam Using Solid State Nuclear Track Detector, Radiation Measurement, Vol. 36, 2003.
- Measurement of Indoor Radon Progeny Levels in Some Dwellings of North Kamrup in Brahmaputra Valley, Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, Vol. 21, 2001
- Simultaneous Determination of Radon, Thoron and Their Progeny in Dwellings, Radiation Measurement, Vol. 33, 2001.
- Current Trends in Nuclear Physics, Horizon, Vol. 1, 1999.
- Possible Angular Correlation of Emitted Black Particles in 1.8 GeV/c k- -CNO Interaction, Indian. J. Physics, Vol. 73A(4), 1999.
- DC Conductivity and Dielectric Constant of CN Detector, Radiation Measurement, Vol. 25, 1995.
- DC Conductivity of CN Track Detector, B Bhattacharjee, HL Das and T Goswami, Radiation Measurement, Vol. 23, 1994.
- Dielectric Properties of Cellulose Nitrate Track Detector, J. Instrum. Soc. Of India, Bangalore, Vol. 22, 1992.
- Convenor of the 56th Foundation Day of the Department of Physics, Gauhati University held on February 23, 2010.
- Attended 13th International Collaboration Meeting of CBM Experiment at FAIR, GSI, Dramstadt, Germany during March 9 – 13, 2009.
- Participated in the two days discussion meeting on 'Indian Participation in FAIR: Science and Technology' organized at Hyderabad by DST and Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Hyderabad during April 18 – 19, 2009
- Participated and Chaired a session in the CBM India Collaboration Meeting held at the Department of Physics, BHU during December 27 – 30, 2009.
- Presented a paper 'Di-muon measurements with the CBM experiment at FAIR' at High Energy Physics Conference held at Department of Physics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India during Dec. 14 – 18, 2008.
- CBM collaboration meeting, 13-17Feb., 2008, Jammu University, Jammu
- 18th DAE-BRNS High Energy Physics Symposium, 14-18 Dec. 2008, Department of Physics, BHU, India.
- 20th International Conference on Ultra-Relativistic Nucleus Nucleus Collisions, 4-10 Feb., 2008, Jaipur.
- CBM collaboration meeting 30-31 July, 2007, VECC, Kolkata.
- International Europhysics Conference on HEP (EPS-HEP 2007), 19-25 July, 2007, Manchester, UK.
- 5th conference of Physics Academy of the North East, 1-2 March, 2007, Gauhati University, Guwahati (Convenor of the Conference).
- DAE-BRNS symposium on Nuclear Physics, 11-15 Dec., 2006, MSU, Baroda.
- Inter. Conf. on Contemporary Issues in Nucl and Part. Physics, 4-7 Feb., 2005, Jadavpur Univ., Kolkata.
- 3rd National Conf. on Contemporary Issues in Nuclear and Particle Physics, 16-17 Feb., 2004, Jadavpur Univ, Kolkata.
- UGC sponsored 8th Refresher Course in Physics, 9-28 Dec., 2003, ASC, G.U., Guwahati.
- 21st Inter. Conf. on Nucl. Tracks in Solids, 21-25 Oct., 2002, New Delhi.
- UGC sponsored Orientation Course, 18/2/’02 to 17/3/’02, ASC, G.U., Guwahati.
- Orientation Program on Nuclear Physics, 08-14 Aug.2001, NSC, New-Delhi.
- Interactive Workshop on Nuclear Reaction Studies with Light RIB, 27-28 Aug., 1999, NSC, New Delhi.
- DST sponsored II SERC School in Nuclear Physics, 20/10/’97 to 8/11/’97, H.P. Univ., Shimla.
- Accelerator Based Exptal. Facilities at NSC, 23-24 June, 1995, Dept of Physics, G.U., Guwahati.
- 17th International Conf. on Nuclear Tracks in solids, 24-28 Aug., 1994, JINR, Russia.
- 17th National Conf. on Instrumentation, 17-20 Nov., 1992, Dept of Physics, G.U., Guwahati.
- 10th DAE Conf. on Nuclear Physics, 21-24 Aug., 1992, BARC, Mumbai.
- 7th National Conf. on Particle Track Detector, 9-11 Oct., 1991, DRDO, Jodhpur.
- Awareness Seminar on Accelerator Utilization, 10-12 July, 1991, Utkal Univ., Bhubaneswar.
- Detector Development Workshop & Planned Experiment at NSC, 11-14 Sep., 1990, NSC, New Delhi.
- Annual Technical Session of Assam Science Society, 29th May, 1990, RRL, Jorhat.