Department of Physics
Guwahati 781 014, Assam, India.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organising Seminars and Colloquia
- Astrophysics & Cosmology
- Galaxy clustering
- Test of gravitation theories with gravitational collapse and large scale structure formation;
- Stellar and Big Bang Nucleosynthesis
- General Relativity and Cosmology
- Mathematical Physics and Quantum Theory
- Observational Astronomy
- Amiyabala Devi Young Scientist Award, Year: 2009, Awarding Organisation: Physics Academy of North East (PANE)
- S Kalita, H L Duorah and K Duorah, Late time Cosmic Acceleration of a flat Matter Dominated Universe with constant Vacuum Energy, Indian Journal of Physics 84, 629, 2010
- S Kalita, H L Duorah and K Duorah, Big Bang Nucleosynthesis with Constant Vacuum Energy motivated by Cyclic Cosmology, International Journal of Modern Physics A 26, 331, 2011
- N Lahkar, S Kalita, H L Duorah and K Duorah, A Comparative study on SN II Progenitors for the synthesis of Li7 and B11 with the help of neutrinos, Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy 36, 375, 2015
I did my PhD in cosmology in the year 2015 and I am yet to take PhD scholars. My research area covers theoretical astrophysics and cosmology. I work on galaxy clustering with dark energy and dark matter both inside and outside general relativity by exploiting the recent observations. I also work on astrophysical and Big Bang Nucleosynthesis.
Undergraduate students from affiliated colleges with national level fellowships carry out their short term projects in Astronomy and Astrophysics under my guidance. I take 2 -3 MSc students every year for Masters Thesis in Astrophysics, General Relativity & Cosmology.
As a part of science dissemination, I write for public about the latest developments and discoveries in astronomy, both in mother language as well as in English.
Back to top