Placement Services for the students of the university in a collective and organized way have started recently but have earned success. In case of certain departments, Placement Services have always existed resulting in over cent percent employments. The University is now gearing up to extend Placement Services to all the students and departments in the campus and affiliated colleges.
The Placement Cell extends warm invitation to everyone concerned to carry out Recruitment Drive in the Campus for the PG students of the University. If required special arrangements can be made to make available under-graduate students from affiliated colleges as well.
Names of some of the organizations where our students got placements include Xcome Technology, Taipei, Taiwan; Start Technologies, Taiwan; Versine Technologies, Kolkata; CDAC, Bangalore; Maharastra Knowledge Corporation Ltd; Web Tech India, Bangalore; AMTRON, Guwahati; Wipro Systems; NIIT Bangalore; Maverik Systems, Chennai, ICICI Bank, F.C.I, CID(Assam)etc. Besides students passed out from this department are now engaged in teaching positions in various educational institutions within and outside the state of Assam.
Any comments and suggestions maybe mailed firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Facilities for recruiters
Hall with seating capacity of 350, audio-visual support and generator back up. The hall can be used for Pre-placement talks and conducting written tests.
Additional rooms for holding GD and interview.
University Guest house for boarding and lodging of the recruiter teams.
Location of the University
The University is located at Jalukbari within the Guwahati city area. The campus has got some hillock on the southern side and the mighty river Brahmaputra is flowing on the northern side of it.
The campus area has been developed to a small township, known as 'Gopinath Bardoloi Nagar' constituted by students in the hostels, residential quarters of teachers, officers and employees of the University., There are 22 halls of residence for University students.
The necessary civic amenities such as health services, water supply, street lighting, internal roads, Guest house, Post and Telegraph office, a branch of State Bank of India, canteens, a market, parks, playgrounds, auditorium, indoor stadium etc. are provided in the campus.
The University is 10 kms from the Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport on National Highway No. 37. It is 5 kms from Kamakhya Railway Station and 10 kms from Guwahati Railway Station at the heart of Guwahati City. The capital complex of Assam at Dispur is 22 kms away from the University.
The University is easily accessible from the Guwahati city, and Guwahati has road, rail and air links from all parts of the Country. A large number of bus services from various parts of Assam have their station at Adabari Bus Stand which is 2 kms away from the campus.
The recruitment procedure followed by Gauhati University is straight forward-
Companies and others related willing to hold campus recruitment should contact the Placement Officer and convey the following with telephone/email/ fax/surface mail-
- Name of the Company
- Nature/Field of Activity/Work/Business
- Job Description
- Job Designation
- Place of Posting
- Degree/Discipline of students required
- Expected number of Vacancies
- Pay package details
- Accommodation Provided
- Bond details
- Selection Procedure
Dates will be allocated by the Placement Cell for campus recruitment with due consideration of convenience to the University and the Recruiters.
Pre-Placement talks and the subsequent selection process should ideally be scheduled towards the second half (after 1PM) during week days and from 10AM on holidays.
Placement Cell and the University will always be generous in preparing the schedules and dates for organizing Campus Recruitment.
The Academic Session of the University for PG courses starts in the month of August with 1st and 3rd semesters. The 2nd and 4th semesters start around December-January and end during the months April-May.
Best Months for Recruitment Drive
The best months for recruitment are March to May and September to November. However, if requested, recruitment camps can be arranged during the remaining months also by taking special care so as not to disrupt the scheduled academic activity of the university.
Kandarpa Kumar Sarma,
- Wipro Technologies will hold a special recruitment drive on 22rd July, 2008. Click here for details of the events.
- WiproBPO, Kolkata will hold campus recruitment on 3 May, 2008. Click here for details of the events.
- Wipro Technologies is likely to organize a campus drive on 15 May, 2008 in Guwahati Click here for details of the events.
- Openings at the CMS Media Lab, New Delhi Click here for details of the events.
- Reliance Retail will be undertaking a recruitment drive for PG students 24th and 25th April 2008 Click here for details of the events.
- South Indian Bank (SIB) will hold campus drive exclusively for MBA students on 26 April, 2008 Click here for details of the events.
- Zaloni will hold a campus drive to recruit students on 10 April, 2008 Click here for details of the events.
- NJ India Invest Pvt. Ltd. will be conducting campus recruitment for MBA students on 4th April, 2008 Click here for details of the events.
- WiproBPO, Kolkata will hold campus recruitment on 29-3-08. Click here for details of the events.
- A Pre-Placement talk by Spark Consultancy on behalf of TCS will be held on 28-2-08. Click here for details of the events.
- M/s Mercer Consulting will hold a Pre-Placement talk on 18-2-08. Click here for details of the events.
- HSBC will carry out Campus Recruitment on 22-2-08. Click here for details of the events.
- Campus Recruitment by PRADAN on 12-2-08. Click here for details of the events.
- WiproBPO, Kolkata and HCL Technologies are recruiting. Click here for details of the events.
- Campus Recruitment by TCS, WIPRO etc. Click here for details of the events.
Our recruiters during the Sessions 2006-07 and 2007-08-
Kandarpa Kumar Sarma Placement Officer, Gauhati University Phone- 09435107019 firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com E-mail(s)- and For surface mails- Kandarpa Kumar Sarma Department of Electronics and Communication Technology Gauhati University Guwahati-781014 Assam, India